COVID-19：Important Notice on Taking Xiamen Airlines Flights (Updated on November 06)
In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, and to protect our passengers from the risk of infection, we highly recommend you to carefully read the following precautions to ensure smooth travel.
Preventive measures taken by Xiamen Airlines
According to CAAC (Civil Aviation Administration of China) prevention policies of COVID-19, Xiamen Airlines is taking strict preventive measures. This includes temperature screening by Non-contact Body Infrared Thermometer at check-in counters and boarding gates. You are required to bring a mask. If it's a N95 mask, please choose the one without a valve. Please do wear it during the entire flight. Any passenger with fever(≥37.3℃), fatigue, cough or other flu-like symptoms, or who conceals their symptoms by taking medicines to control temperature will be denied boarding. If any passenger who refuse temperature screening will not be able to continue their journey as well.
If you have ever been tested positive for COVID-19, or have had contact with a confirmed or suspected case, as well as patients with asymptomatic infection in last 14 days, you are advised to change or cancel your travel plan for the time being to reduce the risks.
To strengthen the containment measures of COVID-19, in accordance with the Frontier Health and Quarantine Law of the People’s Republic of China, all travelers taking on international/regional inbound flights are required to fill in the Health Declaration Form on Entry/Exit, declaring their health conditions truthfully to guarantee safety of other travelers. Those who report their health conditions falsely, could be subject to administrative or criminal punishment according to relevant regulations and laws of People’s Republic of China. If any losses or damages to the airlines or other travelers are caused by such behaviors, they will be held accountable by laws and regulations.
We will reserve the last three rows of seats as the quarantine area for onboard emergency on high-risk flights. If you show any symptoms such as fever, fatigue or cough during the flight, the cabin crew will take you to the area for isolation as per our containment procedures.
We will protect your personal information in compliance with relevant laws and regulations. Your health information (such as body temperatures) collected as the requirement of national containment policies will be only used for the disease containment purposes. We will not provide or disclose your information to any third-parties except the governments, airports or its authorized agents of your departure, transfer or destination countries/regions without your consent, unless we are required or permitted to do so under applicable laws.
Requirements for Certificates of Negative Nucleic Acid and Anti-Body Blood Tests Results
In order to reduce cross-border transmission of COVID-19 and protect the health and safety of passengers, according to notices from Chinese embassies of the following countries (see appendix 4), all Chinese and foreign passengers bound for China (including those who transfer in these countries ) will be required to provide certificates of negative nucleic acid and IgM anti-body tests and apply for a green health code with the "HS" mark or a certified health declaration form before boarding the flight.
I. Test Requirements
1. Passengers bound for China via direct flights must take nucleic acid and IgM anti-body tests at a testing institution designated by the Chinese Embassies or Consulates in the host country within 48 hours before boarding. Upon receiving the certificates of negative results of both tests, they need to submit them to the Chinese Embassy or Consulates and apply for a green health code with the "HS" mark or a certified health declaration form.
2. Passengers bound for China via connecting flights must take nucleic acid and IgM anti-body tests in the originating countries within 48 hours before boarding, and then take both tests a second time in their last transfer country within 48 hours before boarding the plane to China. Passengers must apply from the Chinese Embassies or Consulates in BOTH countries (the originating and the last transfer country) for green health codes with the "HS" mark or certified health declaration forms with their certificates of negative results of both tests.
II. Chinese Passengers Applying for Green Health Code with the "HS" Mark
Chinese passengers must upload to the WeChat Health Code mini-program the pictures of their negative nucleic acid and IgM anti-body tests results (see appendix 1), as well as fill in personal information.
III. Foreign Passengers Applying for Certified Health Declaration Form
Foreign passengers must provide their negative results of the nucleic acid and IgM anti-body tests to the Chinese Embassy or Consulates and apply for and obtain health declaration form.
1. Airlines operating direct flights to China will check passengers’ green health code with “HS” mark and health declaration form issued by the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in the country of departure and approve boarding accordingly. Passengers are required to board the flight within the validity period of health code and declaration, and cooperate with the airlines for inspection.
2. As tests are not available in the transfer zones of major airports in transfer countries, passengers are advised to be aware of the latest entry requirements in the transfer country. If you choose to fly to China via connecting flights, you need to take nucleic acid and IgM anti-body tests for the second time upon entering the transfer country, and apply for green health code with “HS” mark and health declaration form from the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in the transfer country. Failure to obtain the required certificates may lead to a high risk of getting stranded in the transfer country or even repatriating to the departure country. For any matters not covered herein, please timely refer to the information released by the local Chinese Embassy or Consulate.
3. In accordance with the relevant laws and regulations of the People’s Republic of China, those who provide falsified or counterfeit nucleic acid certificate shall bear corresponding legal liability, and if any loss is caused to the airlines and other person, those shall bear the compensation liability.
Officially-published preventive measures in China
1. According to “Notice on Further Strengthening the Health Management of Inbound Travelers Entering Fujian”, and “Notice on Further Strengthening Pandemic Prevention Work as New Normal”, all inbound overseas travelers to Fujian (this also applies to outbound travelers who are transferring at Fuzhou,Xiamen,or Quanzhou Airport ), Chinese and foreign nationals alike,will be placed under a 14-day medical observation in designated places.
All overseas travelers entering Fujian will receive nucleic acid testing upon arrival, and receive both nucleic acid testing and antibody testing for the second and third time on their 7th and 13th day respectively during their quarantine. After finishing their 14-day medical observation in designated places, travelers who take Fujian as their final destination are required to extend quarantine period for another 7 days at home and receive their fourth nucleic acid testing on the last day of their home quarantine; travelers who will continue their trip to other cities are required to leave Fujian immediately.
2. Travelers entering Fujian with a history staying in medium or high risk areas (which is defined by the WeChat mini-program of Inquiry of Outbreak Risk Level released by the State Council, please scan the appendix2) are required to receive nucleic acid testing for twice. One is on their first day upon arrival, the other is taken on the 13th day after arrival. Antibody testing may be required if necessary. Inbound travelers from high-risk areas should take a 14-day medical observation in designated places; inbound travelers from medium-risk areas should take a 14-day medical observation either at home or in designated places as soon as they arrive.
3.The expenses of accommodation and food incurred shall be borne by the travelers themselves.
4.Starting from June 8, 2020, according to “Notice on the Unified Use of the Fujian Health Code”, all travelers entering Fujian shall declare relevant information in advance through the “闽政通”App (please scan the appendix 3 below to download the App) before arrival and get the Fujian Health Code . All inbound travelers shall truthfully report personal health conditions, and cooperate with relevant departments on temperature screening, medical inspection, medical observation in designated places, nucleic acid testing, antibody testing and other measures.
5. So far, all places nationwide have taken strict preventive measures.Travelers should cooperate with the local frontline workers in their departure cities, destinations as well as their transfer cities in line with the local prevention policies. Please allow enough time at the airport before departure to implement the prevention and control measures, avoiding any losses caused by missing a flight.
Xiamen Airlines has been monitoring the situation and will adjust relevant policies timely in accordance with national prevention policies as well as the travel needs of our passengers. making our passengers fly safe and carefree. Your understanding and cooperation is much appreciated. Thank you!
1.International version of the health QR code
2.WeChat mini-program of Inquiry of Outbreak Risk Level
November 6, 2020
Appendix 1: International version of the health QR code
Appendix 2：WeChat mini-program of Inquiry of Outbreak Risk Level
Appendix 3：Download 闽政通App