Carriage of Passengers with Special Need
Passengers with special needs and passengers with other check-in certifications who can be transported (including important passengers (VIPs), patient passengers, disabled passengers, disabled revolutionary soldiers and policemen, pregnant women, infants, unaccompanied children/ adolescent passengers, passengers applying for a baby cradle, OPO staff carrying human organs for donation, criminal suspects or prisoners, etc.) are not admitted through typical check-in services (including the online check-in and self-service check-in). Please handle them at the airport at the Xiamen Airlines check-in counter with their valid identity document and other required certifications provided at the time of purchasing the ticket.
As for passengers with special needs, or those who need special care during a flight, or who may be transported only under certain conditions, including infants, pregnant women, passengers applying for a baby cradle, unaccompanied children/adolescent passengers, patient passengers, disabled passengers, OPO staff carrying human organs for donation, criminal suspects or prisoners, etc., they are accepted for carriage when subject to prior consent and necessary arrangement with Xiamen Airlines and relevant carriers in accordance with Xiamen Airlines’ and relevant carriers’ regulations.
Due to safety concerns, Xiamen Airlines is entitled to limit the number of passengers with special needs on each flight. Please request the accommodation of special needs passengers in advance when you reserve and purchase tickets.
Special Service Application Scope
Xiamen Airlines only accepts applications for special service for flights that are issued by a Xiamen Airline 731 ticket and are actually carried by Xiamen Airlines and are Xiamen Airlines flight numbers. The special service application is not available in code-share flights.
If the connecting flight and round trip ticket involves other airlines other than Xiamen Airlines, or if your ticket is issued by another company, please contact the actual invoicing airline or actual carrier airline to handle the relevant procedures.
If you are a disabled passenger, we will assist you in applying for the special services of connecting flights. However, the application results of special services are subject to the reply of the actual carrier airline.
1. If passengers have the following conditions, Xiamen Airlines has the right to require passengers to present the medical/diagnostic certification issued by the hospital accredited by Xiamen Airlines and signed by the doctor of the passenger:
(1) Passengers traveling with incubators for babies;
(2) During the flight, it is necessary to use medical oxygen equipment to deliver oxygen;
(3) The aircraft is harmful to the passenger’s health condition or they need special medical care in flight;
(4) It is known that there is a serious infectious disease, but if certain precautionary measures are taken, transmission to others can be prevented.
2. The medical diagnosis/certification should be issued by a hospital above the county level (including county level) or above the second class (including second class) (including overseas clinics, medical centers, and hospitals). It must contain the same or similar language: “The health conditions of the passenger are medically adaptable to air travel after the diagnosis.” The signature of the doctor and the official seal of the medical unit is required.
3. The 'Diagnostic Certification' requested by Xiamen Airlines shall be valid within 72 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure time. The patient who needs to be provided with medical oxygen should also have a written certification signed by a qualified doctor, stating that the passenger has the medical need for using the device and specifying the maximum amount of oxygen and the maximum oxygen flow required per hour under the pressure altitude corresponding to the pressure in the cabin during normal flight.
4. Disabled passengers with permanent or temporary physical or mental damage who are in accordance with the national standard Classification and Grading Criteria of Disability may not provide appropriate medical/diagnostic certification when applying for special services of Xiamen Airlines.(Check the relevant document: Classification of the disabled)
Application for Special Passenger Flight
Passengers who apply for special travel services through Xiamen Airlines’ direct agencies must provide a paper application for flight.
1. Passengers applying for special services must complete the “Application for Special Passenger Flight” and provide five copies to show that if the passenger is aggravated, dies or causes harm to other passengers during the journey, the applicant shall assume all responsibilities.
2. The “Application for Special Passenger Flight” shall be signed by the passenger. If the passenger has difficulty writing, it may also be signed by the passenger’s family or guardian.
3. For USA routes operated by Xiamen Airlines, Xiamen Airlines will not be exempt from liability for loss, damage to wheelchairs, or the death of service animals checked in by disabled passengers.
1. The accompanying personnel should declare their companioning at the time of the reservation and must issue their ticket separately. The accompanying personnel should travel on the same plane as the person with whom they are accompanying.
2. The accompanying personnel should have the ability to take care of the disabled passenger during travel and assist them in emergency situations. In addition to security reasons, the seat of the accompanying personnel should be close to the disabled passenger's seat.
Infants taking a plane
Infants born within 14 days or under 2 years of age should be accompanied by an adult passenger who is 18 years of age or older with full capacity to accompany the child responsibly while flying.
For safety concerns, Xiamen Airlines does not accept infants younger than 14 days old. “Patient passenger” applications must be submitted for premature infants who need to use incubators.
Infant Applicable Fare
An infant shall not occupy a seat.
Domestic carriage fares are charged at 10% of the full published fare of the passenger ticket for the same physical cabins purchased by adult passengers.
International carriage fares are charged by passenger ticket applicable fare rules for the same physical cabins purchased by adult passengers.
However, only one baby per adult can receive this fare. Infants exceeding the allowance should be paid as the corresponding child fare and occupy a separate seat.
The valid identity documents should be provided when purchasing infant tickets.
In order to ensure flight security, the carriage standards for infants are different in each route type according to the safety regulations for the carrying amount of passengers issued by CAAC.
To ensure comfortable travel for you and your children, a baby flight ticket should be requested from sales personnel when reserving and purchasing your tickets. If we confirm that you are conforming to the baby carriage quantity standard, we will issue the ticket for you and your infant(s) to prevent you from purchasing an adult ticket alone and then bringing the infant to the airport. We will also avoid a change in travel conditions that may occur due to the number of infants on board the flight.
Infants free baggage allowance
The free baggage allowance on Xiamen Airlines domestic routes is not available for infants whose tickets do not occupy a seat. Free checked baggage on Xiamen Airlines International and Regional (Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) routes can be enjoyed. The maximum weight must be less than 10kg (22 lbs.) and the volume (sum of three sides) must be less than 115 cm (45 inches). At the same time, a folding stroller (for international and regional routes only) may be transported for free.
The non-folding stroller can only be transported as checked baggage free of charge, and the folding stroller can only be transported as checked baggage free of charge if the specified storage space in the cabin is not sufficient.
Infants who pay for the corresponding child fare (infants occupying an INS seat) can receive free baggage allowance stipulated at the ticket fare level.
Xiamen Airlines provides free BSCT service on all self-operated routes. Parents of infants who satisfy the following conditions can apply for the following services:
1. Take B737-700/800, B737-8, B757-200, B787-8/9 flights.
2. If you need to choose Business Class BSCT service, the Business Class ticket needs to be purchased. (Many of the B737-700/800, B737-8 and B787-9 passenger planes do not have a BSCT service in Business Class. Please contact us for details.)
3. Infants born within 14 days and under 2 years of age, under 74cm in height and under 11kg (24 lbs).
Since the number of infant cradles for each flight is limited, if you need to reserve this service, please submit an application at the local Xiamen Airlines direct agency in person 48 hours in advance, or log into the Xiamen Airlines official website to reserve the service 72 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure time shown in ticket.
1. Age qualification
Children refers to passengers who have reached the age of two but are under the age of twelve from the start date of travel. Children who are two years of age but less than five years of age must be accompanied by an adult passenger who is at least eighteen years old with full capacity for responsible conduct in the same physical class. Children who are five years of age but less than twelve years of age on the start date of travel and with no parents or adults with full capacity for responsible conduct over the age of eighteen are accompanied in the same physical class, and children who are on board alone must have their parent or guardian apply for unaccompanied child services.
A corresponding child fare will apply to the child occupying a seat.
(1) Valid documents, such as birth certificates, ID cards, residence verifications (under 16 years old), and passports should be provided when you purchase a child’s ticket, and the same original documents should be used for check-in when purchasing tickets.
(2) On domestic flights, each adult passenger who is more than 18 years of age with full capacity for responsible conduct can bring two children under the age of 12 years in the same class. Any other child exceeding the stipulated number (including tickets for children purchased under adult fare) must be checked in accordance with unaccompanied child regulations. The child group must obtain the approval of Xiamen Airlines to handle the relevant ticket purchase procedures.
3. Free Baggage Allowance
Children whose tickets are paid according to the corresponding child fare may enjoy the free baggage allowance at the ticket fare level.
1. Age qualification
(1) An unaccompanied child accepted by Xiamen Airlines to transport is a child who is more than 5 years old (including 5) but less than 12 years old from the start date of travel with no parents or adults with full capacity for responsible conduct over the age of eighteen who are accompanied in the same physical class and children who are on board alone. Such children must follow the relevant procedures for an unaccompanied child in order to be accepted by Xiamen Airlines for transport.
(2) An unaccompanied child under 5 years old will not be carried.
(3) Our additional services for unaccompanied adolescent passengers are optional; they can be selected and a small amount of service charge can be paid. Unaccompanied adolescents accepted by Xiamen Airlines for transport are adolescents who are 12 years of age (including 12) but less than 16 years of age and with no parents or adults with full capacity for responsible conduct over the age of 18 who are accompanied in the same physical class and adolescents who are on board alone and for whom an unaccompanied child services application has been submitted.
2. Carrier Flight
Unaccompanied child services and unaccompanied adolescent services are provided on Xiamen Airlines domestic, international and regional (Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) direct flights and flights carried by Xiamen Airlines. Xiamen Airlines only accepts the transport of unaccompanied children/adolescents under the condition of non-transfer, and the unaccompanied children/adolescents for transit and multi-leg transportation are not available.
3. Application Acceptance
The application of unaccompanied children/adolescents is only allowed at the Xiamen Airlines direct sales agency when their seats are reserved. Their seats must be confirmed according to Xiamen Airlines' relevant carrier regulations.
In general, an application must be submitted 24 hours before the scheduled flight departure time (48 hours before the scheduled flight departure time on the Xiamen Airlines website). Check-in procedures are available 2 hours in advance on the day of check-in.
Unaccompanied children/adolescents should be accompanied by their parents/guardians at the check-in location, met and cared for by the arranged person at the drop-off point, and the pick-up person's name, contact address and telephone number should be provided to Xiamen Airlines at the flight arrival station.
Since carriers are responsible for unaccompanied children/adolescents and need to provide safe and thoughtful care and special services throughout the flight, the number of unaccompanied children/adolescents to be carried on each flight will be limited.
4. Unaccompanied child fares
Domestic flights: adults apply 50% of the full fare.
International and regional (Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) routes: fares are charged according to the fare rules of the unaccompanied child of the class of cabin seat purchased.
5. Unaccompanied adolescents fares and service charge
Domestic flights: the fare is charged based on the ordinary fare for adults; the service charge is charged at 200 CNY or equivalent currency for each leg (based on the ticket display).
Non-transcontinental international and regional (Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) routes: fares are charged based on the applicable fare for adults; service charge is charged at CNY 300 or equivalent currency for each leg (based on the ticket display). Additional Airport Service Fee SGD 25 or equivalent currency for each leg should be charged from/to Singapore routes.
Transcontinental international routes: the fare is charged based on the applicable fare for adults; service charge is charged at 400 CNY or equivalent currency for each leg (based on the ticket display).
Due to the relatively low oxygen supply in the air and the reduced air pressure during high-altitude flight, certain restricted conditions are required to transport pregnant women. It is recommended that pregnant women consult their attending doctor before arranging the journey and provide medical or inspections or certifications that can confirm the time of pregnancy and expected due date when reserving or checking in.
Pregnant women who are pregnant for less than 32 weeks (including 32 weeks) will be transported as a general passenger by Xiamen Airlines unless they are diagnosed as people who are not suitable for flight by their doctor.
Pregnant women with singleton pregnancy who are pregnant for more than 32 weeks (including 32 weeks) and less than 36 weeks (including 36 weeks) must apply to the Xiamen Airlines direct sales agency before reserving and fill in an Application for Special Passenger Flight and provide the medical inspection certification or doctor’s diagnosis certification.
The above-mentioned medical inspection certification should be completed within 72 hours before the passengers check in for the flight and comes into effect with the seal of a hospital above the county level or the second class (including the county level or the second class) and the signature of the doctors in that hospital.
To ensure your safety, Xiamen Airlines reserves the right to refuse your check-in under the following conditions:
If your medical diagnosis/certification is overdue or the medical certification that can prove the time of pregnancy and expected due date fails to be provided;
You are a pregnant woman with singleton pregnancy who has been pregnant for more than 36 weeks (including 36 weeks) or a pregnant woman with a multiple pregnancy who has been pregnant for more than 32 weeks (including 32 weeks);
You are a pregnant woman who is expected to have pregnancy complications;
You are a maternal woman less than 14 days after childbirth.
If you are refused carriage if you are unable to provide medical inspection certification which can prove your pregnancy time and expected due date, your ticket must be handled according to the terms of “voluntary change” or “voluntary refund”.
Pregnant Women Who Need to Travel to Hong Kong Should Pay Special Attention:
According to the notification requirements of the Hong Kong Immigration Department, Chinese mainland women pregnant 28 weeks or more must have the following documents:
1. Certification of hospital (time to prove pregnancy)
2. Appointment of Maternity Service Confirmation issued by a Hong Kong Hospital
Please be sure to provide the above documents when purchasing tickets and checking in to flights. If you are refused immigration due to not holding the above documents, all expenses (including but not limited to diagnosis fees for medical personnel, transportation costs for repatriation, etc.) will be borne by yourself.
To better protect the legitimate purchase rights and interests of disabled revolutionary soldiers and disabled policemen, and to provide quality service to them, Xiamen Airlines is now showing the sales outlets of the disabled revolutionary soldiers and the disabled policemen publicly (please click to view: Xiamen Airlines direct sales agency outlets/Xiamen Airlines authorized agent outlets).
Due to the need to verify your travel information through the China TravelSky System, the efficient flight certification and original documents of the People’s Republic of China Disabled Revolutionary Soldiers Card and the People’s Republic of China Disabled Policemen Pension Card issued by the Ministry of Civil Affairs should be provided when the disabled revolutionary soldiers and the disabled policemen purchase Xiamen Airlines domestic flight tickets at the sales outlets shown publicly.
According to the relevant laws and regulations of the country, disabled revolutionary soldiers and disabled policemen do not enjoy the special ticket discounts for international and regional (Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan) flights. Thank you for understanding.
For specific fare policies, please contact the relevant sales outlets or call Xiamen Airlines’ 24-hour service hotline 95557.
Various types of special services for disabled passengers in accordance with the relevant national laws and regulations are provided by Xiamen Airlines. For specific regulations, please consult the Xiamen Airlines direct sales agency or Xiamen Airlines’ 24-hour service hotline 95557.
Due to the need to comprehensively judge your boarding condition and to better serve you, please purchase your tickets at the Xiamen Airlines direct sales agency. Telephone applications are temporarily unavailable.
You can also check our policy on the following websites. (Link: Travel Assistance – The Disabled Transport Security Program)
If you need medical care or special medical equipment to assist you on your journey, please consult Xiamen Airlines direct sales agency in advance and inform us of your special needs before the following time limit:
Wheelchairs for passengers who are physically inconvenienced but can walk on their own: please submit your application at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure time of your flight (online applications must be submitted at least 48 hours in advance).
Wheelchairs for passenger lift: please submit your application at least 48 hours before the scheduled departure time of your flight.
Wheelchair access to the cabin: please submit your application at least 48 hours before the scheduled departure time of your flight.
In-flight self-provided oxygen generator (for US routes only): please submit your application at least 48 hours before the scheduled departure time of your flight.
Passengers after plastic surgery: please submit your application at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure time of your flight. Xiamen Airlines reserves the right to refuse your check-in less than 15 days after your operation.
We will answer your request for special help after your actual conditions and needs are assessed comprehensively.
If you are an OPO (human organs donation organization) staff member or performing special public affairs (escort/repatriation of criminal suspects, prisoners) requiring other special services, please consult the Xiamen Airlines direct sales agency or call Xiamen Airlines’ 24-hour service hotline 95557 before purchasing tickets.