Carriage of Passengers with Special Need
I. Important Notice
There are currently no types of self-service check-in portal (including self-service check-in through the official website / mobile app / WeChat public account of Xiamen Airlines, as well as airport self-service check-in kiosks) available to passengers with special needs and other authorized passengers who have obtained relevant certifications for check-in from another certifying party and are eligible to board flights (including but not limited to VIP passengers, passengers with illnesses or disabilities, disabled or injured military personnel and police officers, pregnant women, infants, unaccompanied minors, passengers requesting in-flight baby bassinet service, personnel from OPOs responsible for carrying and transporting donated human organs, and as suspects or prisoners and their escorts). For such passengers, please bring your valid ID document and all other required certifications provided at the time of your ticket purchase and directly check in at our check-in counter at the airport.
Xiamen Airlines will make every effort to transport passengers and baggage in accordance with the flight schedules in effect on the date of travel. However, please understand that we will not be able to guarantee the special services you requested if there is an involuntary flight schedule adjustment on your flight (except for temporary adjustments on the day of travel).
If you still need special services, please contact Xiamen Airlines Direct Sales Agency or call Xiamen Airlines 24-hour service hotline 95557 to reapply. The application result is subject to the reply.
Passengers who require special care or assistance during travel as a result of specific physical or mental conditions or who are eligible to board flights only under certain conditions (including infants, pregnant women, passengers requesting in-flight baby bassinet service, unaccompanied minors, passengers with illnesses or disabilities, personnel from OPOs responsible for carrying and transporting donated human organs, and suspects or prisoners and their escorts) may board flights only if they meet the specific requirements of Xiamen Airlines and other relevant carriers for in-flight travel, they have obtained prior approval from Xiamen Airlines and such relevant carriers, and all necessary and appropriate arrangements have been made beforehand.
For safety reasons, Xiamen Airlines is entitled to limit the number of such passengers for restricted carriage (or service) on each flight. Such passengers shall request approval for boarding in advance when making seat reservations or purchasing tickets.
Scope of Request for Special Services
Xiamen Airlines only accepts requests for special services made by passengers who hold tickets validated by Xiamen Airlines (ticket number beginning with 731) and provided on flights operated by, and with flight numbers beginning with MF.Special services are not available on code-share flights.
If you purchase any interline or round-trip tickets involving airlines other than Xiamen Airlines, or if your tickets are issued by other airlines, please contact those carriers to proceed with the relevant procedures.
For passengers with disabilities, Xiamen Airlines will make every effort to assist you with your request for special services on your connecting flights. However, the result of your request for such special services will be subject to the response of the operated carriers involved.
1. Xiamen Airlines reserves the right to request that passengers who meet at least one of the following conditions present their relevant medical certificates or proofs of diagnosis issued by hospitals accredited by Xiamen Airlines and signed by the physicians of such passengers:
（1）Passengers carrying incubators for premature infants on board;
（2）Passengers requiring the use of oxygen delivered from medical oxygen equipment during flight;
（3）Passengers whose health conditions will be jeopardized by in-flight travel or who need special medical care during the flight;
（4）Passengers who have contracted severe contagious diseases, the spread of which can somehow be prevented if certain precautions are taken.
2. The medical certificate, which is issued by hospitals at or above the second level, specialized hospitals, overseas clinics, medical centers, etc., must contain a description stating that "the passenger is medically fit to travel by air according to the diagnosis" or something similar, and must be signed by a doctor and sealed by the medical unit. If the overseas medical institution cannot affix the seal, a doctor's signature is required. The medical certificate must be issued no earlier than 72 hours before the scheduled flight departure time in order to be valid. For passengers who have undergone cosmetic or plastic surgery, the medical certificate can also be issued by the outpatient department.
3. Sick passengers, who require oxygen provision for medical purposes, shall also hold a written certificate signed by a qualified physician stating that the patient has a medical need to use the equipment, and specifying the maximum amount of oxygen required per hour and the maximum flow rate of oxygen at a pressure altitude corresponding to the pressure in the aircraft cabin during normal flight.
4. Disabled passengers with permanent or temporary physical or mental injuries who meet the national standard of the Classification and Grading Criteria of Disability do not need to provide relevant medical certificates or proof of diagnosis for proving their suitability for air travel when requesting special services provided by Xiamen Airlines. (For more details, click here to see the following document:Classification of the disabled.)
Application Form for Air Travel for Passengers With Special Needs
Passengers applying for special travel services through any one of the ticket office of Xiamen Airlines must fill out a paper application form for air travel.
1. Any passenger requesting special services is required to fill out the “Application Form for Air Travel for Passengers With Special Needs” in quintuplicate to indicate that the applicant shall assume all the responsibilities for the aggravation of the passenger’s health conditions, passenger’s death or any harm or injury caused to others during the flight.
2. The “Application Form for Air Travel for Passengers With Special Needs” shall be signed by the passenger applicant in person. For any passenger who may experience difficulty with handwriting, such application form may also be signed by a passenger’s family member or guardian on behalf of the passenger.
3. For US-bound flights operated by Xiamen Airlines, Xiamen Airlines will take the responsibilities for any loss, damage, or death concerning any checked-in wheelchairs or service animals of passengers with disabilities.
1. Travel companions should state they are accompanying the passengers who need special services when booking their own tickets, which shall then be issued separately. Such travel companions shall travel on the same flight as the passengers they are accompanying.
Travel companions should be capable of taking care of the passengers they accompany during the flight and assisting these passengers in case of an emergency evacuation. Except for safety considerations, the travel companions shall be seated next to the passengers they accompany.
Infants taking a plane
Infants born within 14 days or under 2 years of age should be accompanied by an adult passenger who is 18 years of age or older with full capacity to accompany the child responsibly while flying.
For safety concerns, Xiamen Airlines does not accept infants younger than 14 days old. “Patient passenger” applications must be submitted for premature infants who need to use incubators.
Infant Applicable Fare
An infant shall not occupy a seat.
Domestic carriage fares are charged at 10% of the full published fare of the passenger ticket for the same physical cabins purchased by adult passengers.
International carriage fares are charged by passenger ticket applicable fare rules for the same physical cabins purchased by adult passengers.
However, only one baby per adult can receive this fare. Infants exceeding the allowance should be paid as the corresponding child fare and occupy a separate seat.
(1) In order to ensure the safety of the infant during the flight, the infant needs to be held in the arms of the accompanying adult at all times. Each adult passenger on a flight operated by Xiamen Airlines over the age of 18 is allowed to carry only one infant in the same class ; In addition, no more than 2 children are allowed to travel in the same class.
(2) The purchase of infant tickets should provide valid identification documents to purchase tickets, such as birth certificate, ID card, passport, and with the original documents consistent with the purchase of tickets for boarding procedures.
(3)The age of an infant refers to the actual age on the day of the flight. When purchasing a multi-leg ticket for an infant passenger, if the infant is under 2 years old on the day of flight departure but over 2 years old during the journey, a child fare should be purchased for the leg of the journey where the infant is overage.
In order to ensure flight security, the carriage standards for infants are different in each route type according to the safety regulations for the carrying amount of passengers issued by CAAC.
To ensure comfortable travel for you and your children, a baby flight ticket should be requested from sales personnel when reserving and purchasing your tickets. If we confirm that you are conforming to the baby carriage quantity standard, we will issue the ticket for you and your infant(s) to prevent you from purchasing an adult ticket alone and then bringing the infant to the airport. We will also avoid a change in travel conditions that may occur due to the number of infants on board the flight.
Should you fail to declare your requirements for infant travel in advance, leading to an overbooking of the infant load capacity on your flight, your ticket will be subject to voluntary change or voluntary refund procedures.
Infants free baggage allowance
For infants with a non-seat-occupying ticket, no free luggage allowance is available on Xiamen Airlines' domestic flights. However, when travelling on Xiamen Airlines' international and regional (Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan) routes, one piece of luggage can be checked for free, provided its weight does not exceed 10 kilograms (22 pounds), and the sum of its dimensions does not exceed 115 centimeters (45 inches). One foldable stroller may also be transported free of charge (only on international and regional flights).
Non-foldable strollers can only be transported as checked luggage for free. Foldable strollers may also need to be checked if the designated storage space in the cabin is not of sufficient size. Infants who have a paid ticket (seat-occupying infants, INS) are eligible for the free luggage allowance specified by their ticket fare class.
Infant Bassinet (BSCT)
Xiamen Airlines provides infant bassinet services, at no additional cost, on international and regional flights carried by Xiamen Airlines that have a planned flight duration of two hours or more. Parents of infants who meet the following conditions may apply for this service:
1. The flight is operated by a Boeing B737 series or B787 series aircraft;
2. If you need to choose Business Class BSCT service, the Business Class ticket needs to be purchased. (Many of the B737-700/800, B737-8 and B787-9 passenger planes do not have a BSCT service in Business Class. Please contact us for details.)
3. Infants born within 14 days and under 2 years of age, under 74cm in height and under 11kg (24 lbs).
Since the number of infant cradles for each flight is limited, if you need to reserve this service, please submit an application at the local Xiamen Airlines direct agency in person 48 hours in advance, or log into the Xiamen Airlines official website to reserve the service 72 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure time shown in ticket.
1. Age qualification
A "child" refers to a passenger who is at least two years old but less than twelve years old on the day of flight departure, and is accompanied by an adult passenger who is at least eighteen years old and fully capable of civil conduct, in the same class cabin. Unaccompanied child must apply for unaccompanied child service.
A corresponding child fare will apply to the child occupying a seat.
(1) Valid documents, such as birth certificates, ID cards, residence verifications (under 16 years old), and passports should be provided when you purchase a child’s ticket, and the same original documents should be used for check-in when purchasing tickets.
(2) On domestic flights, each adult passenger who is more than 18 years of age with full capacity for responsible conduct can bring two children under the age of 12 years in the same class. Any other child exceeding the stipulated number (including tickets for children purchased under adult fare) must be checked in accordance with unaccompanied child regulations. The child group must obtain the approval of Xiamen Airlines to handle the relevant ticket purchase procedures.
(3) The age of the child refers to the actual age on the day of the flight. When purchasing a multi-leg ticket for a child passenger, if the child is under 12 years old on the day of flight departure but over 12 years old during the journey, an adult fare should be purchased for the leg of the journey where the child is overage.
3. Free Baggage Allowance
Children whose tickets are paid according to the corresponding child fare may enjoy the free baggage allowance at the ticket fare level.
1. Age qualification
(1) An unaccompanied child accepted by Xiamen Airlines to transport is a child who is more than 5 years old (including 5) but less than 12 years old from the start date of travel with no parents or adults with full capacity for responsible conduct over the age of eighteen who are accompanied in the same physical class and children who are on board alone. Such children must follow the relevant procedures for an unaccompanied child in order to be accepted by Xiamen Airlines for transport.
(2) An unaccompanied child under 5 years old will not be carried.
(3) Our additional services for unaccompanied adolescent passengers are optional; they can be selected and a small amount of service charge can be paid. Unaccompanied adolescents accepted by Xiamen Airlines for transport are adolescents who are 12 years of age (including 12) but less than 16 years of age and with no parents or adults with full capacity for responsible conduct over the age of 18 who are accompanied in the same physical class and adolescents who are on board alone and for whom an unaccompanied child services application has been submitted.
2. Carrier Flight
Unaccompanied child services and unaccompanied adolescent services are provided on Xiamen Airlines domestic, international and regional (Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) direct flights and flights carried by Xiamen Airlines. Xiamen Airlines only accepts the transport of unaccompanied children/adolescents under the condition of non-transfer, and the unaccompanied children/adolescents for transit and multi-leg transportation are not available.
3. Application Acceptance
The application of unaccompanied children/adolescents is only allowed at the Xiamen Airlines direct sales agency when their seats are reserved. Their seats must be confirmed according to Xiamen Airlines' relevant carrier regulations.
In general, an application must be submitted 24 hours before the scheduled flight departure time (48 hours before the scheduled flight departure time on the Xiamen Airlines website). Check-in procedures are available 2 hours in advance on the day of check-in.
Unaccompanied children/adolescents should be accompanied by their parents/guardians at the check-in location, met and cared for by the arranged person at the drop-off point, and the pick-up person's name, contact address and telephone number should be provided to Xiamen Airlines at the flight arrival station.
Since carriers are responsible for unaccompanied children/adolescents and need to provide safe and thoughtful care and special services throughout the flight, the number of unaccompanied children/adolescents to be carried on each flight will be limited.
4. Special Provisions for Children Traveling
Please consult the government departments or institutions of your destination country or region to understand the regulations and policies for children traveling. The following restrictions may be revised/changed and are provided for reference only. Xiamen Airlines accepts no responsibility for them:
(1) Some countries or regions issue accompanying child visas (for example, C–VISIT-CHILD ACCOMPANIED);
(2) which stipulate that a designated adult must accompany the child upon entry and the child cannot enter alone;
(3) Some countries or regions have age requirements for children entering alone;
(4) Some countries or regions require inspection of parental documents or notarized files upon entry.
Departing from France
Any minor traveler under 18 years old, whether a French citizen or resident, must have permission to leave France if they are not accompanied by their parents or legal guardians. Customers must only be permitted to travel after they have their own passport, a travel permission form (L'autorisation de sortie du territoire) signed by their parent or legal guardian and a photocopy of the valid identity document of the parent or legal guardian who signed the travel permission form.
Entering/Exiting the Philippines
All children under the age of 15 who are not citizens residing in the Philippines and are not accompanied by parents with the same surname must carry proof of their relationship. Any other adult (such as a relative or friend with the same surname) cannot act as an escort.
Any child under the age of 15 who is not a resident of the Philippines and is not traveling with their parents requires an entry permit, "Waiver of Exclusion Ground" (WEG). Parents and guardians must contact their nearest Philippine consular representative to arrange the necessary documents prior to travel.
For more information, please visit the website of the Philippines' Department of Social Welfare and Development.
Please be advised: we will not be able to provide unaccompanied minor/teenager services if your child needs special visas or documents for air travel in the aforementioned cases.
5. Unaccompanied child fares
Domestic flights: adults apply 50% of the full fare.
International and regional (Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) routes: fares are charged according to the fare rules of the unaccompanied child of the class of cabin seat purchased.
6. Unaccompanied adolescents fares and service charge
Domestic flights: the fare is charged based on the ordinary fare for adults; the service charge is charged at 200 CNY or equivalent currency for each leg (based on the ticket display).
Non-transcontinental international and regional (Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) routes: fares are charged based on the applicable fare for adults; service charge is charged at CNY 300 or equivalent currency for each leg (based on the ticket display). Additional Airport Service Fee SGD 32(180 CNY) or equivalent currency for each leg should be charged from/to Singapore routes.
Transcontinental international routes: the fare is charged based on the applicable fare for adults; service charge is charged at 400 CNY or equivalent currency for each leg (based on the ticket display).
IV. Pregnant Women
V. Passengers with Disabilities
VI. Passengers with Illnesses
VII. Request for Other Special Assistance
Staff carrying donated human organs (Organ Procurement Organization, OPO staff)
1. Xiamen Airlines will do its best to assist you, providing convenient, smooth, and efficient transportation services. Please apply 4 hours before the flight takes off and provide the "Transplant Center Organ Receipt Confirmation" when applying to transport donated human organs. If you are carrying hematopoietic stem cells or blood, you should provide an introduction letter from your unit. The content of the introduction letter should include your identity information, unit information, transportation item information, security inspection requirements, and be stamped with the official seal.
2. Xiamen Airlines will Ensure that the transportation container and its contents meet aviation safety requirements.
3. If the organ packaging exceeds the size of luggage that can enter the cabin (weight not exceeding 5 kg, volume 20*40*55cm) and cannot be placed like ordinary luggage, you should apply for a separate ticket and seat for it as a passenger type occupying luggage and pay the fee.
4. Please consult Xiamen Airlines' 24-hour service hotline 95557 for details before applying for a ticket.
Special public affairs (escort/repatriation of criminal suspects, etc.)
Please consult Xiamen Airlines' direct sales agency or call Xiamen Airlines' 24-hour service hotline 95557 for details before purchasing a ticket.